Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Comments from our mayor

Warning: This blog post contains language that some readers might find offensive. Don't blame us, I am simply quoting our duly elected mayor, Ken Dalgleish here. As I politely explained to the mayor at the time of our discussion dated August 18th, 2008, he was not only speaking to me personally, he is addressing the members of Manitou Environmental Group Inc. and all of the ratepayers here at the Resort Village of Manitou Beach.

Michael Gaudet.


The board has a meeting this evening and the issue of a public meeeting around the lagoon issue is on the agenda.

I ran into Ken Dalgleish yesterday at the mail boxes here at the beach (he was busy measuring them for some reason) and politely asked him if we could count on his support to put a good word in to Council about hosting a public forum to discuss the sewage lagoons. He said "it has nothing to do with me" and then said "there will not be a public meeting". I asked him why not and he just said "F**k you!". I was a bit surprised at how he reacted. I asked why, as our elected mayor, he was saying the project had nothing to do with him. To which he replied "F**k you!". I then suggested to him that he wasn't simply talking to an individual, he was speaking to a larger group of concerned citizens, both members of MEGI and all of the rate-payers. I was very calm, knowing that this group has facts on it's side in this discussion. He replied "You heard what I said. F**k you!" So I just walked away, shaking my head.

Anyway, doesn't sound too promising that the present mayor is willing to come clean with the Resort Village's plans (or lack thereof) regarding the sewage lagoon upgrade/expansion through a public discussion. Which leads one to ponder...why all the secrecy? What have they got to hide? If there actually is a plan in place, why are they not eager, excited and proud to share it with the rate-payers?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

A reader has suggested that we publish the entry "Comments from our mayor" in TWM. Thoughts?